Fire Safety Awareness
This 1/2 day course complies with the requirements of Section 9 of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work act 2005 and the 1981 Fire Services Act (Ireland).
Course Duration:1/2 day
Who should attend?
Selected members of staff who have been chosen to act as Fire Wardens and be responsible for Fire Safety in your organisation. Members should be drawn from all areas of the premises, leaving no area uncovered, and consideration should be given to providing cover in case of absenteeism due to sickness, leave etc.
- Understand the practical and legal responsibilities of a Fire Fire Marshall
- Understand the mechanics of a fire and the “Triangle of Fire”
- Identify, and deal with, Fire Hazards in the workplace
- Learn how to safely evacuate your workplace
- Learn how to organise and execute “Fire Safety Drills”
- Learn how to select and use the correct class of Fire Extinguisher to safely deal with an underdeveloped fire
Module 1: Duties of a Fire Warden
Module 2: Current Legislation pertaining to Fire Safety in the workplace
Module 3: Assessing Risks and Fire Prevention
Module 4: How to deal with a fire in the workplace
Module 5: How Fire & Smoke spreads
Module 6: How to Evacuate your building
Module 7: Alerting the Emergency Services
Module 8: Re-entering the building after a fire alarm evacuation
Module 9: Selecting and using the correct class of fire extinguisher
Students will receive a certificate of attendance which is valid for two years from the date of issue. Attending a refresher course after two years is highly recommended.