Outdoor Emergency First Aid Course
This course will give students the knowledge, practical skills and understanding needed to respond to First Aid emergencies on hiking and other outdoor activities.
Course Duration: 1 day
Participants who have completed this course will be able to:
- Manage First Aid situations which might arise on remote outdoor activities
- Respond to life threatening emergencies and provide appropriate treatment
- Treat minor injuries/conditions which do not require the assistance of a doctor or nurse
- Compile and maintain Patient Treatment Records
- Module 1: CPR
- Module 2: Patient Assessment
- Module 3: Breathing Difficulties
- Module 4: Wounds & Bleeding
- Module 5: Fractures, Strains & Sprains
- Module 6: Hypothermia, Heatstroke & Dehydration
- This basic First Aid course has been developed for those involved in general outdoor activities, and puts more emphasis on the likely situations which might arise on an outdoor activity.
- Weather permitting, a large proportion of the course will be run out of doors.
- Outdoor Emergency First Aid certificates, valid for two years from date of issue, will be issued to all participants.