Sport First Responder First Aid Course
This course will give students the knowledge, practical skills and understanding needed to provide and coordinate First Aid activities in a Sporting setting.
Course Duration: 2 days
Participants who have completed this course will be able to:
- Organise and co-ordinate first aid activities for a Sporting activity
- Respond to life threatening emergencies and provide appropriate treatment
- Treat minor injuries/conditions which do not require the assistance of a doctor or nurse
- Compile and maintain Patient Treatment Records
- Module 1: PHECC CFR – Cardiac First Responder (including CPR & Defibrillation)
- Module 2: Patient Assessment
- Module 3: Respiratory Emergencies
- Module 4: Wounds & Bleeding
- Module 5: Altered Level of Consciousness
- Module 6: Fractures and Soft Tissue injuries
- Module 7: Head and Spine Injuries
- Module 8: Hypothermia, Blisters & Acute Allergic Reactions
- Module 9: Paediatric Emergencies (If required by children’s coaches)
- This course has been developed specifically for sports people taking account of, and putting more emphasis on, the likely situations which might arise on a Sporting activity.
- Weather permitting, a large proportion of the course will be run out of doors.
- Sport First Responder certificates are valid for two years from date of issue.