Sport First Aider First Aid Course
This course will give students the knowledge, practical skills and understanding needed to respond to basic First Aid situations in a sports setting.
Course Duration: 1 day
Participants who have completed this course will be able to:
- Manage First Aid situations which might arise in a Sports setting
- Respond to life threatening emergencies and provide appropriate treatment
- Treat minor injuries/conditions which do not require the assistance of a doctor or nurse
- Compile and maintain Patient Treatment Records
- Module 1: CPR
- Module 2: Patient Assessment
- Module 3: Breathing Difficulties
- Module 4: Wounds & Bleeding
- Module 5: Head & Spine injuries
- Module 6: Fractures, Strains & Sprains
This basic course has been developed specifically for sports people taking account of, and putting more emphasis on, the likely situations which might arise on a Sporting activity.
Weather permitting, a large proportion of the course will be run out of doors.
Sport First Aider certificates are valid for two years from date of issue.