Emergency First Aid
The Emergency First Aid course is ideal for anybody who is not required to take the FETAC Level 5 Occupational First Aid course.
Run over 2 days, it can be done in your home, office, club or school.
This course includes the CFR (Community) module.
Participants who have completed this course will be able to:
- Recognise and Respond to life threatening emergencies and provide appropriate treatment
- Alert the appropriate Emergency Services
- Treat minor injuries/conditions which do not require the assistance of a doctor or nurse
- Module 1: Patient Assessment
- Module 2: Respiratory Emergencies
- Module 3: Cardiac First Response (including Defibrillation & Administration of Aspirin)
- Module 4: Wounds & Bleeding
- Module 5: Altered Level of Consciousness
- Module 6: Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Module 7: Burns/Scalds Chemicals & Electric Shock
An Emergency First Aid certificate, valid for 2 years, will be issued to participants who successfully complete the course.