Paediatric First Responder First Aid Course
- This course covers First Aid & CPR for those involved in childcare who have a duty to respond to a First Aid emergency because of job responsibilities or regulatory requirements.
- It is ideal for: Childcare Workers, Teachers, Youth Organisation Volunteers, and Children’s Sports Coaches.
Course Duration:1 day (8 hours)
Participants who have completed this course will be able to:
- Organise and co-ordinate First Aid activities in a childcare environment
- Respond to life threatening emergencies and provide appropriate treatment
- Treat minor injuries/conditions which do not require the assistance of a doctor or nurse
- Prepare and maintain patient treatment records
- Module 1: Patient Assessment & Scene Safety
- Module 2: Getting Help – Alerting the Emergency Medical Services
- Module 3: Respiratory Emergencies
- Module 4: CPR for Adults, Children and Infants
- Module 5: Wounds & Bleeding
- Module 6: Altered Level of Consciousness
- Module 7: Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Module 8: Burns/Scalds & Poisons
Participants will be assessed throughout the course and on successful completion will receive a Paediatric First Aid certificate valid for two years from date of issue.
Maximum number of participants is 10 persons per course.
10% Discount for 2 or more staff from the same company/club.