Manual Handling Course
This course will satisfy your organisations training obligations under the 2007 Manual Handling Regulations and the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005.
Course Duration: Half Day
Participants who have completed this course will be able to:
- Recognise a load, which is too heavy or awkward
- Understand the limitations of the spine and muscular system
- Lift and handle loads safely
- The law and its application to the manual handling environment
- Muscular-skeletal system
- Biomechanics and mechanism of injury
- Ergonomics and risk assessment
- Basic principles of lifting
- Lifting to and from ground level
- Lifting to and from a height
- Lifting to and from a bench
- Pushing & Pulling
Written Test and Manual Handling Skills assessment by Instructor.
The course is structured in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Health & Safety Authority and fulfils current Health & Safety Legislation requirements. A certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants who successfully complete the course.