PHECC / IHF Cardiac First Responder (CFR) Community
This comprehensive lifesaving course covers all the important aspects of resuscitation including CPR and the use of an AED. Also included are; the management of Stroke and Choking victims, the administration of Aspirin for Heart Attack victims and an introduction to the legal framework surrounding First Aid.
Course Duration: 1 day
Participants who have completed this course will be able to:
- Recognise and manage a patient requiring resuscitation
- Apply CPR and deploy an AED as required
- Manage a Heart Attack, Stroke or Choking patient
- Alert the emergency medical services
- Prepare and maintain patient treatment records
- Module 1: Patient Assessment & Scene Safety
- Module 2: CPR & AED for adults
- Module 3: CPR & AED for children
- Module 4: Choking for adults & children
- Module 5: Stroke
- Module 6: Heart attack and the administration of Aspirin
- Module 7: Getting Help
- Module 8: CFR treatment record
Participants will be assessed throughout the course and on successful completion will receive a Cardiac First Responder Community certificate jointly issued by the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) and the Irish Heart Foundation (IHF). Certificates are valid for two years from date of issue.
The maximum number of participants, as stipulated by PHECC and IHF, is 6 persons per course.
In-company courses €600 for up to 6 persons.